Looking at C4LPT guide ‘A Practical Guide to the Top 100 Tools for Learning 2013′http://c4lpt.co.uk/top100tools/guide/ these are various eLearning tool that I’ve never seen before. I thought I’d do a little research and check them out. Some of them I think I’ve heard about but I’ve definitely not used any of them before.
1. Edmodo – looks like a VLE mainly used in schools – where parents can be given access too.
2. Voicethread – cloud based repository for learning materials – lti integration for vle’s.
3. iSpring – integrates into powerpoint to create interactive learning exercises.
4. Pocket – originally called ‘Read it Later’ – app for storing and recording articles, videos etc
5. Udutu – software to create online courses – maily for training I think.
6. Symbaloo – visual way of recording web sites http://www.symbaloo.com/login.form
7. Keynote – used for doing presentations on a Mac
8. Quizlet – learning tools for students, including flashcards, study and game modes – http://quizlet.com/help/what-is-quizlet
9. Padlet – wiki for sharing content http://jn.padlet.com/knowledgebase/articles/151979-what-is-padlet–
10. Etherpad – a web-based collaborative documentn editor –http://etherpad.org/
11. GlogsterEDU creates online multimedia posters – http://edu.glogster.com/what-is-glogster-edu/
12. eFront – open source VLE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFront_(eLearning_software)
13. Socrative – student response system – http://www.socrative.com/
14. Popplet – virtual pin board for iPads http://popplet.com/ipad/
15. Animoto – cloud-based video creation service that produces video from photos, video clips, and music http://animoto.com/features
16. Livebinders – Free 3 ring binder for the collecting resources on the web https://teachwithweb2.wikispaces.com/LiveBinders
18. Zite – matches sories to your own interests http://zite.com/
19. TodaysMeet – backchannel for classrooms similar to Twitter- http://learnitin5.com/Todays-Meet
20. Trello -collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards http://help.trello.com/customer/portal/articles/887702-what-is-trello–
21. eLearningArt – templates for eLearning http://www.elearningart.com/
22. ProProfs Quiz Maker – Online tests and quizzes http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/
23. Mindjet – mindmapping software http://www.mindjet.com/uk/
24. Pearltrees – mindmapping software http://www.pearltrees.com/
25. Learnist allows you to create “learn boards” that are dedicated to a particular topic of choice http://www.emergingedtech.com/2013/02/why-i-love-and-use-learnist-and-why-you-should-too/