Learning Technology Week
7th – 11th July 2014 | TB006 (Tate Basement)
Join us for a week of workshops designed to enhance the student learning experience.
- Introduction to Blackboard: Find out how to use Blackboard to provide resources to your students – for new staff or those with limited Blackboard experience.
- What’s New in Blackboard?: Discover brand new features of the latest upgrade to Blackboard.
- Setting Up & Accessing Student Submissions: Learn how to set up coursework submission points, within your Blackboard module areas, using the Blackboard assignment tool and Turnitin.
- Marking Online: Learn how to mark your students assignments and give audio feedback to your students.
- Using Video in Blackboard: Discover different ways to enhance your Blackboard module areas with video.
- Accessing Lynda.com: A general introduction to online IT training using Lynda.com.
- Proofread with Read and Write Gold: Discover what Read and Write is, what it is capable of, and examples of how it can be used to proofread your work.
- Create a Mind Map with Inspiration: Use the software Inspiration to create mind maps and diagrams, and learn tips and tricks to further assist with report or lesson preparation.
- Create a Digital Notebook in OneNote 2010: You will discover what OneNote is, what it is capable of and examples of how it can be used in your day-to-day work.
- iPad Workshop: A brief overview of some useful iPad apps.
- Getting started with Twitter: How to set up and use Twitter in Higher Education.
Monday 7th July
- 16.00 – 17.00: Marking Online.
Tuesday 8th July
- 10.00 – 11.00: Introduction to Blackboard.
- 14.00 – 15.00: What’s New in Blackboard?
Wednesday 9th July
- 10.00 – 11.00: Getting started with Twitter.
- 11.00 – 12.00: Create a Mind Map with Inspiration.
- 12.00 – 13.00: Setting Up & Accessing Student Submissions.
- 13.00 – 14.00: Marking Online.
- 14.00 – 15.00: iPad Workshop.
Thursday 10th July
- 10.00 – 11.00: What’s New in Blackboard?
- 11.00 – 12.00: Setting Up & Accessing Student Submissions.
- 12.00 – 13.00: Marking Online.
- 13.00 – 14.00: Proofread with Read and Write Gold.
- 14.30 – 15.30: Introduction to Blackboard.
Friday 11th July
- 13.00 – 14.00: Using Video in Blackboard.
- 14.00 – 15.00: Create a Digital Notebook in OneNote 2010.
Open to all staff at Regent’s University London.
For further information please contact the VLE Team by emailing email@example.com or calling in to TB001