There was useful discussion on the ALT email list recently – here are some the links I found useful:
- Darren Gash and Sarah Cornelius ( “how do you know if anyone is there? SEDA’s Educational Developments in 2012, page 23) about teacher/student transitions from physical to virtual classrooms: http://www.seda.ac.uk/resources/files/publications_129_Ed%20Devs%2013.2%20v3%20(FINAL).pdf
- ‘Extend the classroom with Adobe Connect’ (Adobe Connect Guide) http://www.kumc.edu/Documents/TLT/extend_the_classroom_connect.pdf
- De Freitas and Neumann outline some pedagogic strategies and may be a good first read as a way into thinking about how to make the most of webinars: De Freitas, S., Neumann, T. (2009). Pedagogic strategies supporting the use of Synchronous Audiographic Conferencing: A review of the literature, British Journal of Educational Technology, 40(6), 980-998.
- Conference slides from Matt Cornock – includes two case studies of distance use)Is there a place for webinars in blended learning design
- Write-up and examples of blended use – Matt Cornock Blended learning designs using web conferencing
- Bb Collaborate and Learning design – Matt Cornock Learning designs for synchronous online activity
- There are other guides for webinars below. Though the following resources are old, the principles are sound – just transfer the ideas to your specific technology.
- A study of e-conferencing tools found relationships between specific tools and certain pedagogical principles [Educause] E-Conferencing for Instruction: What works?
- Using digital media (JISC) Webinars for Education – Why use a webinar?
- JISC Archived Site Designing for Participant Engagement with Blackboard Collaborate
- Feedback from JISC NetSkills session “Excellence in Online Training & Teaching” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKMcyp_qz2A&feature=youtu.be&t=29s
- So You Want to Host a Web Meeting? A Resource http://www.fullcirc.com/2015/12/09/so-you-want-to-host-a-webmeeting-resource/
- Teaching & Learning Conversations archive. Webinars: Don’t plan to present , plan to engageDr Rod Cullen Manchester Metropolitan University, Calum Thomson University of Salford Archive page is https://tlcwebinars.wordpress.com/tlc-archive/ Webinar recording is at – Link to recording of webinar
Thanks to Darren Gash, Sally Burr, Matt Cornock and Tom Smith